From the desk of Dr. Shashi Bhushan, Professor & Head, Information Technology
Dr. Shashi BhushanProfessor & Head, Department of Information Technology
Information Technology is the field of study, design, development, implementation, support and management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware. Generally, information technology helps to create, control, store, communicate, and circulate information.
The information technology sector continues to be one of the shining and fast growing sectors of the Indian economy. The ever-increasing IT sector provides unlimited job opportunities in India as well as abroad. The export constituent of Indian IT industry is likely to cross Rs. 8000 crores by the year 2020. Additionally, the domestic markets are likely to bring in supplementary returns of Rs. 10,000 crores during the next decade. All thanks goes to the success of the IT industry which has made India, an established power all over the world.
Dr. Shashi Bhushan
(Professor, Department of Information Technology)
Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran
Distt. Mohali-140307 (Punjab)
Mob. No. : +919416344375, +918872767999
The mission of the Department is to build world-class competencies in the field of information technology and to maintain excellence in teaching learning process, research, and service and to achieve following objectives:
- To provide quality education of global dimensions, enabling the ignited souls to take on the present world of changing technology.
- To become the oasis of excellence in the field of engineering education and research.
- To instil ethical values and lofty ideas into students for their all-round development.
- To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academia and industry
- To create an environment that shall foster the growth of intellectually capable, innovative and entrepreneurial professionals, who shall contribute to the growth of Science and Technology
- To impart futuristic and comprehensive technical education of global standards
To be the fountain head of new ideas and innovations in Information and technology and continue to be a source of pride for all Indians.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs):
- To work productively as IT Engineers, including supportive and leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams,
- To communicate effectively, recognize and incorporate societal needs and constraints in their professional endeavors, and practice their profession with high regard to legal and ethical responsibilities
- To engage in life-long learning, such as graduate study, to remain current in their profession and be leaders in our technological society.
- To provide leadership in their profession, in their communities, and society
- Providing Appropriate, occasional innovation of our curriculum so it incorporates ever-changing Technology.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, probability & statistics, computer science, and engineering as it applies to the fields of IT software and hardware
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyze, and interpret data
- An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health & safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve hardware and software problems using sound IT engineering principles,
- An understanding of professional, legal, and ethical issues and responsibilities as it pertains to IT engineering,
- An ability to effectively communicate technical information in speech, presentation, and in writing,
- To be equipped with a thorough understanding of the development process of software including design, implementation, documentation, and testing;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern hardware and software tools necessary for IT engineering practice.
- To understand and be able to apply the underlying principles of IT to a variety of problem domains
- To be able to follow developments in knowledge and evaluate new findings by critically using computer-science literature and databases
|| Program Offered
|| B.Tech(Information Technology)
|| 4 Years
|| M.Tech(Information Technology)
|| 2 Years
|| M.Tech(Information Security)
|| 2 Years