Electronics And Communication Engineering
From the Desk of Dr. Ruchi Singla, Professor and Head, Electronics and Communication Engineering
Dr.Ruchi SinglaProfessor and Head,Department of ECE
Dr. Ruchi Singla is working as Professor and Head of Department. She has 15 years of work experience and has done PhD in Wireless Communication from Thapar University, Patiala. She has been a key contributor to several projects in the department. She has implemented new innovative systems and ideas in practical. Dr. Ruchi has always been motivating students for real time application based ideas and projects as a result of which the faculty and students have filed six patent ideas. In academics, she gave good results for teaching graduate and postgraduate students. She has to her credit around 30 research papers in journals of good repute. The department of ECE was setup in year 2001 with an intake of 60 students. At present the intake has increased to 360 for B.Tech ECE. The undergraduate programme is accreditated by National Board of Acreditation for 5 years. The department also conducts two PG programmes – M.Tech ECE and M.Tech VLSI. The primary objective of the department is to impart technical education since its commencement which has been possible because of well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty. The mission of the department is to produce highest quality of Graduates and Post Graduates to serve the society and to conduct leading edge research.
To deliver quality technical education through innovation in teaching methodology, team work and industry-academia interface for manifesting professionally skilled and ethically robust engineers which perfectly fit in the changing and challenging environments of Electronics and Communications industry.
To translate our vision to reality we endeavor to achieve the following:-
- To meet the present and future challenges of Electronics and Communication Engineering by educating the new generation of engineers in latest industry standards.
- Create and develop fertile ground for applied research in Electronics and Communications Engineering by involving faculty and students in practical and theoretical research carried out in conjunction with external agencies to aid and advance the current knowledge of our discipline and use it for social benefits.
- To build and develop students as professional and social assets to lead and serve in all scenarios of life.
- To develop Entrepreneurial abilities among students to enhance self employability and become epicenter of job creation.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES OFFERED:
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communication)
- M.Tech (Electronics and Communication)
- M.Tech (VLSI)